Translate

Friday, April 13, 2012

What is it? What do I suffer from ... What Now?

What is Mental Illness?  It is a Noun. Any of various conditions characterized by impairment of an individual's normal cognitive, emotional, or behavioral functioning, and caused by social, psychological, biochemical, genetic, or other factors, such as infection or head trauma. Also called emotional illness, mental disease, Also called mental disorder.

Bipolar disorder is a mental health disorder in which the brain causes a person to go into extreme moods for lengthy periods of time. The manic mood is an unstable mood, erratic thoughts, is a high-energy, and risky behavior. If you or a loved one has bipolar disorder, it is a very manageable disease with several Bipolar treatment options.
To learn more go to: http://health.yellowise.com/articles/detail/bipolar_treatment.html?article_id=76&keyword=Bipolar%2BTreatment
  
Depression is known by different names like exhaustion; lethargy; languidness; languor; lassitude; and listlessness, though varying dramatically from a usual state of lethargy to a specific work-induced burning sensation within your muscles. Physical depression is the incapability to continue performance at the level of your normal ability. It is omnipresent in everyday life, but usually becomes chiefly noticeable during heavy physical exercise. depression of the brain on the other hand, rather comes into effect in while asleep. Depression is considered as a symptom, as opposed to a sign , because it is reported by the patient instead of being observed by others. It is very common for Depression and feelings of depression not to be confused with each other.  
To learn more go to: http://health.yellowise.com/articles/detail/depression_information_and_resources.html?article_id=13&keyword=depression

An anxiety attack is a short period of overwhelming fear that comes on with no warning and for no rational reason.Those who experience anxiety attacks one or three should go to a doctor. An anxiety attack is also often called a panic attack.

Anxiety Symptoms

This uncertainty coupled with the actual physical and emotional symptoms of an anxiety attack makes life very challenging for those who have anxiety attacks. Some people become so scared of an anxiety attack coming at an inappropriate. This fear is often called agoraphobia. especially when used in reference to anxiety attacks.People experience anxiety attacks in all situations and statistically very few experience anxiety attacks in open spaces.
To learn more go to: http://health.yellowise.com/articles/detail/anxiety_information_and_resources.html?article_id=28&keyword=Anxiety
 
Adult ADD/ADHD - Life can be a balancing act for any adult, but if you find yourself constantly late and disorganized, overly distracted and forgetful, and overwhelmed by your responsibilities, you may have adult ADD/ADHD. Attention deficit disorder impacts many adults, and its wide variety of frustrating symptoms may hinder everything from your relationships to your career. 
Learning about the signs and effects of adult ADD/ADHD is the first step toward understanding the challenges and identifying your own symptoms. Once you understand the difficulties that come with ADD/ADHD, you can learn to compensate for areas of weakness and take advantage of your many strengths and talents.
To learn more go to: http://helpguide.org/mental/adhd_add_adult_symptoms.htm
 
What Now?
 I started taking anti-depressions and anti-anxiety medications when I was with the kids Dad. I tried so many different depression medication that I can't even tell you all of the names. The last one that I have been taking is Celexa I didn't want to go off of my Meds, but due to the Dr. that I was seeing I was unable to get any more. They told me to see another office that used my insurance but I had called them a few times with no luck getting a call back. I know that people say that there is no such thing as withdraw from coming off of an anti-depressant! I know better I have had to go through it more than once; and it has been from different types of medication. It is such a hard thing to go through! Not only does it effect your mental state it also causes your body  symptoms too! I have felt it in my face: My face will tingle and my mouth feels so strange in my lips that it drives me crazy. My body doesn't want to move it feels so heavy! The biggest thing is the thoughts in my head that I know when you put it out there People want to commit you. Dr.'s, Police, and anyone in the Medical industry think they have the right just because you say it. So be careful what you say because you could loose your freedom because they feel at that point and due to laws they have a right to protect you from yourself, EVEN IF YOU KNOW YOU COULDN'T GO THROUGH IT ! 
 
I do believe in getting help and therapy because it does help! The BEST therapy I have had is hypnotherapy and my kids have also done the same. My son has done the most of this type and says it is the BEST! So if you think you suffer from any of these or some other type of mental illness I strongly suggest to get help! If one thing doesn't work try something else because I have suffered for more that 30 years that I know of; Probably more than that since I know I did things as a Child to try and help myself. I will be seeking a New Dr. and Therapist because without them I don't know if there will ever be a "Normal" person in me (whatever Normal is anyway that is a whole other subject to think about later).


No comments:

Post a Comment