Translate

Friday, May 4, 2012

ABUSE of OTC's

Over-the-counter (OTC) drugs are drugs that do not require a prescription and can simply be bought “over-the-counter”, as their name states.

I decided to let everyone know that their is ABUSE with things that you can buy over the counter. I would have never thought about some of the things I have learned about since my kids have been in Middle School and High School. We do live in Las Vegas, however while doing more research for this I have found that Michigan was one of the top states for abuse of OTC's than any other place in the USA.

  • Here are some of types of OTC drugs that are most common of abuse:
  •  Sleep Assistants 
  • Cold medicines (cough syrups and tablets)  
  • Diet pills 
  • Motion sickness drugs   

Over 71,000 children (under 18) are being seen in emergency rooms each day in our nation due to accidental and over-the-counter drug overdoses.


Just thought I would put a little up for you to think about. I am very tired and need to sleep. I will be back to finish this for you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment